Infrared thermometers have grown in popularity over the recent past. They make it possible to measure the temperature of anything, whether it is cold water or a flaming furnace. You can use an infrared thermometer to measure body temperature and also gauge the temperature of an oven.
Infrared thermometers work by using a laser system to detect temperature, which means you can stand at a distance from the object you want to measure and still get accurate readings. It is no wonder then that they have quickly become must-haves for any home.
10 Best Infrared Temperature Gun: Top Pick’s By An Expert
When purchasing a thermometer, your top concern is getting an accurate reading. Another is getting a durable thermometer that will serve you for a long time without the quality deteriorating.
A lot of factors go into ensuring that the readings you get on your thermometer are accurate and reliable, and one of them is quality. There are a lot of infrared thermometers, all of them claiming to do the job well.
It is easy to get confused and even duped and purchase an infrared thermometer that will not do the job correctly. To make this decision easier, we will review the best-infrared thermometers available in the market.
These thermometers have been handpicked and are guaranteed to give you high-quality service for a long time. We will also look at the factors to consider when buying an infrared thermometer.
This will help you compare your needs to the type of thermometers available so you can make a good decision as to the best infrared thermometer for yourself.
Best Infrared Temperature Gun Reviews:
1. Good Baby Baby Thermometer
- Trustworthy and Precies: It uses reliable ABS housing materials. Ergonomically designed, the firm grip makes it easy for even naughty children.
- Advanced Technology for Excellent Performance: Goodbaby Thermometer is backed by clinical validated and recommended by the pediatrician.
- Fast and Easy Temperatures Readings: Taking your family’s temperature with this digital thermometer is as simple as pointing, and pressing a button. It uses infrared technology and can show readings in Celsius or Fahrenheit.
- Multi-mode Thermometer: The digital thermometer is designed for all ages, adults, infants, and elders. It not only supports the forehead function but is able to take room/object temperature.
- Reliable and Accurate: Our forehead thermometer has been clinically tested and found to be a fast and absolutely reliable gadget to use. It is ideal for forehead readings and has a very small error margin.
Starting us off on the infrared thermometer review is the Good Baby baby thermometer. It has everything you need in a baby thermometer all packed into a simple, neat package. The readings are displayed on an HD LED screen which makes it easy to read even in the dark. It can switch between both Fahrenheit and Celsius mode in crisp, clear number numbers. It also uses infrared mode for greater accuracy.
It has a low error margin when reading in Fahrenheit, with a 0.1 error margin and a 1.0 margin in body and ambient mode respectively. Although it is called a baby thermometer, it is suitable for all age groups. It also has a well-built memory that can store up to 35 temperature reading sets. That combined with the low error margin makes it top the best infrared thermometer charts.
The Good Baby baby thermometer’s memory is one of the things that makes this thermometer the best. It allows you to recall previous readings at any time. This will enable you to compare different temperatures whenever you need to. It can be used in both forehead and ear mode and gets you fast and accurate readings all the time.
- Can be read in both Fahrenheit and Celsius modes
- Has a low error margin of 1.0 in ambient mode and 0.1 in body mode
- Readings are displayed in an HD LED screen that enables you to read in the dark
- Has a good memory that can store 35 reading sets
- Uses infrared mode for accuracy
- Is a 2 in 1 thermometer; both forehead and ear mode
- Gives fast and accurate readings.
2. FLIR TG165- Spot Thermal Camera
- Item is a Class II laser product, 1mW power output. Minimum focus distance 4 inch. Focus free. Object temperature range: –25 to +380°C (–13 to +716°F). Minimum measurement distance 10 inch
- 100,000 hours. Operating Temperature Range-(-10°C) to 45°C (14°F to 113°F). Humidity (Operating and Storage)- 0-90% RH (0-37°C (32-98.6°F)), 0-65% RH (37-45°C (98.6-113°F)), 0-45% RH (45-55°C (113-131°F))
- Intuitive to operate with no special training required, and featuring a safe 24:1 spot size ratio for safer distance measuring.Image Frequency:9 Hz
- Easily save images and data to the included 8GB micro SD card for documentation; Tripod Mounting: 1/4 Inches-20 on handle bottom
- Download images fast over USB with included cable or from removable micro SD; Storage Temperature Range: 30 to +55°C ( 22 to 131°F)
This thermometer takes readings to a whole new level. Instead of showing the temperature in one area, this thermometer has a thermal camera that shows you both the hot and the cool spots over the entire surface. It has an easy to read and color-coded visual display that makes the reading easier.
This thermometer is good for reading any surface. This visual infrared thermometer can scan different areas to identify the hot and cold spots and it can be used for industrial purposes. This thermometer might be small but it can give you readings that you can get from a thermal camera and it is much cheaper.
The distance to spot ration on the FLIR TF165 thermometer is 24:1. The thermal camera has a measuring range of -13 to 716 degrees Fahrenheit, which is -25 to 380 degrees in Celsius. And not being one to disappoint, the camera has Innovative Lepton IR Imaging Engine that has an 80×60 resolution, 9 Hz refresh ratio, and a 150mK sensitivity for clearer readings.
The thermometer comes with an 8GB micro SD card and a USB cable. You can use these two to save data and images that you get from the thermal camera readings. You can then transfer them to a computer. It is also durable and long-lasting. It has passed the drop test of 2 meters without breaking.
- 2-year warranty for parts and a 10-year warranty for infrared detector
- Comes with an SD card for storing data and images and a USB for transferring data
- Has a high-resolution camera for capturing images in great definition
- 24:1 distance to spot ratio
- Passes a 2-meter drop test
- -13° to 716°F temperature range
3. iHealth No-Touch Forehead Thermometer
- No Touch Measuring, Just Safe and Hygienic: PT3 Built-in infrared temperature sensor, reads body temperature within 1.18 inches of the center of the forehead without physical contact.
- Tri-Point Sensors Accuracy: An ultra-sensitive infrared sensor collects more than 100 data points per second while distance and environmental sensors combine to account for other variables; ensuring maximum accuracy every time temperature is taken.
- Fast, Simple, Clear and Quiet: The intuitive single-button control design thermometer reads the temperature in just 1 second from a clear bright extra-large LED screen, even in total darkness. The quiet vibration alerting ensures there is no buzzing noise...
- Suitable for Multi-Scenario and All Ages: iHealth PT3 is designed for all ages: ranging from babies and toddlers to the elderly. An ideal choice for hospitals, hotels, school settings, and public establishments.
- What You Get: 1x PT3 thermometer, 2x AAA batteries, 1x Instruction manual, 1x Quick User Guide, our worry-free 12-month warranty, and friendly California-based customer service.
Here is yet another of the best thermometers you can find. The iHealth forehead thermometer is also an infrared thermometer that can give you readings in 1 second. It has an ultra-sensitive, high precision infrared sensor that can measure any IR energy that a person emits. And it is also no-touch. You can measure a person’s temperature by pointing it to their forehead.
The thermometer can collect up to 100 data points in a second. It has a vibration alert that alerts you when reading is completed. You can read the results at any time, night or day, on an LED-backlit screen. And an extra function is the inbuilt distance and environmental sensor that helps you avoid invalid measurements. It doesn’t have an app that makes the whole reading process easier since you won’t have to wait for the whole process.
The iHealth thermometer is easy to use; you just press one button and keep holding it until you hear a vibration that alerts you when the reading is complete. You can use the thermometer to measure the temperature of a person of any age. The lack of an annoying beeping sound is also a plus. The thermometer will give you fast, reliable, and safe readings at any time.
- Features a distance and environmental sensor that makes adjustments for accurate readings
- 3 sensitive sensors with a smart chip for holding data
- Is easy to use
- Can be used by both kids and adults
- Has a gentle vibration that alerts you when readings are complete
- Displays readings on an LED-backlit screen, can even be read at night
- Reliable no-touch thermometer
4. Fluke 62 Max Thermometer
- Your unit is calibrated prior to shipment with a new nist-traceable calibration Certificate with data
- The NIST calibration provides you assurance your instrument Meets manufacturer’s specifications. Your instrument is ready to Use day one meeting most quality system standards
- 10:1 infrared distance-to-spot ratio with laser sighting for pinpointing the measurement area
- Displays the minimum, the maximum, the difference between the two temperatures, and the average temperatures
- Certified IP54 for protection against dust and splashing liquid
Joining the ranks of the best infrared thermometers is the Fluke 62 MAX thermometer. It is known for being the best IR thermometer. This is because it is perfect for any job, whether dealing with mechanical, electrical, or HVAC repairs and maintenance. It is small and easy to use. It also has precise readings that combined with the small size allows it to get into tight spaces to get the readings. It also has a compact design that also helps in reading places like steam lines and panel breakers.
The thermometer has passed a 3-meter drop test proving it is a reliable and durable design. It is also robust and can endure any workspace. It has been IP54 rated which means it is both dust and water-resistant. Its compact design means it is portable; you can clip it to a tool belt or any storage area using a carabiner.
The 62 MAX thermometer also has dual lasers that ensure you get precise measurements. It displays both high and low readings together with the difference between the readings you get and the average reading on a backlit LCD screen. The screen shows clear and precise readings that you can read even in the darkness. It is also emissivity adjustable and has a 12:1 distance to spot ratio.
- Dual lasers for accurate measurements
- Has a ±1% accuracy
- Is emissivity adjustable
- Is both dust and water-resistant
- Has an ergonomic design that can fit in the hand or be clipped to a tool belt
- Has a 12:1 distance to spot ratio
- Displays readings on a backlit lcd screen for easy readings
5. Extech IRT600 Dual Laser IR Thermal Condensation Scanner
- Item is a Class II laser product, 1mW power output.
- Switchable backlight and laser, Max Hold
- Measurement range: -22 to 662DegreeF (-30 to 350DegreeC)
- Great for processes that require surface temperature control and monitoring
- Green LED changes to Yellow and then to Red as the surface temperature reading gets closer to and then equals the calculated Dew Point reading
The Extech IRT600 thermometer is a class II laser product. It has a dual laser system that helps make measuring temperatures easier. The laser also makes it easy to point to your target to get accurate readings. The measurement range on the thermometer is -22 to 662° Fahrenheit (-30 to350° Celsius) and can read any surface temperature.
The distance to spot ratio on this thermometer is 12:1. The thermometer has a 3-color dew point alarm. The alarm takes measurements of temperature and humidity then proceeds to calculate the Dew Point. It will give you a warning when there is mold growth. The thermometer can get readings from any surface that has water damage on your wall saving you a lot of money. The thermometer comes with an easy to switch backlight and laser that helps to locate the target and getting accurate readings.
For different degrees of measurements, the thermometer changes color. Green for normal temperatures, yellow for moderately high temperatures, and red for higher temperatures. It has a 150 millisecond response time that ensures you get readings in an instant. The laser and the 3-color Dew Point Alarm work together to make this one of the best laser thermometers you can find.
- Dual laser system for easy targeting and accurate measurements
- Has a distance to spot ratio of 12:1
- The thermometer’s temperature range is -22° to 662°F; -30° to 350°C
- A 3-color dew point alarm that calculates Dew Point measurements
- 150 millisecond response time to give you quick readings
6. EnnoLogic Temperature Gun
- NOT for BODY TEMPERATURE! This thermometer does NOT estimate body temperature from skin temp readings. Its accuracy of ± 3.5°F does not make it accurate enough to determine if a person has a fever by scanning their forehead. It was designed for a much...
- IMPRESS YOUR FRIENDS WITH THE PERFECT PIZZA: Adjustable emissivity gives you the needed accuracy for your wood-fired or brick pizza oven. Want your pizza stone at 485°F? Easy. Or use a Himalayan Salt Block at 500°F to grill that salmon indoors –...
- OUR CUSTOMERS RAVE ABOUT THE 1000’S OF DOLLARS THEY SAVE ON HOME AND CAR REPAIRS with our laser thermometer. Find exactly where insulation is missing, or hot and cold air leaks. Check the output of A/C units and save replacing a condenser by fixing a...
- OWN THE ULTIMATE INSTANT-READ COOKING THERMOMETER: Safely test hot foods, reheated baby food, water baths, and frying oils in seconds without spills, burns or mess. Want to make frying healthier? Use the SCAN mode to track temperature variations of your...
- PROFESSIONAL FEATURE-LOADED IR THERMOMETER AT A FRACTION OF THE PRICE: Scan & Hold. Hi and Lo Alarm. Min, Max, and Average display. Dual lasers and adjustable emissivity for increased accuracy. Even has hands free mode! Large display with bright backlight...
The Enno Logic temperature gun is the best laser thermometer because of the dual lasers that help you record the minimum, maximum, and average temperatures of the reading surfaces. It has adjustable emissivity settings that deliver detailed and specific readings that let you know exactly where the problem areas are.
The eT650D thermometer has high and low audible alarms that you can use to ensure surface temperatures do not rise or fall beyond your level. This laser thermometer has a hands-free design and only uses one 9 volt battery that is included with a holster to make it easy to use.
It has a 10:1 distance to spot ratio for great reading accuracy. It also has a backlit display screen that allows you to make readings even in dark conditions. The thermometer has a temperature range of between -58° and 1202° Fahrenheit; which is -50 to 650° Celsius that is enough to read even the hottest temperatures, great for making the perfect pizza.
This laser gun has an ergonomic design that lets you hold it comfortably in your hand when using it. The thermometer passes all FDA and FCC regulations so you know it is safe to use. It also has a 10-year warranty and a money-back guarantee. Its reading accuracy is ±3.5° Fahrenheit, not good for measuring body temperature but is good for a food safety inspection, home improvement, and home inspection projects.
- -58°F to 1202°F temperature range
- Adjustable emissivity for specific readings
- Ergonomic design for hands-free operation
- 10:1 distance to spot ratio
- Large backlit display screen for readings
- Has a 9-volt battery and a holster included
- Is FDA and FCC compliant
7. Vigorun Forehead Ear Thermometer for Adult
- 【Fast and Accurate】With newest high precision infrared sensor which is recommended by medical experts following vigorous clinical tests to confirm its consistency and reliability, Vigorun Temporal Thermometer will perform excellently in instant...
- 【Multi-mode Thermometer】The digital fever thermometer is designed for all ages, adults, infants and elders. It not only supports forehead or ear function, but is able to take room/object temperature. ℃ and ℉ are easily switchable.
- 【Best Choice for Baby】1 second fast measurement with instant reading, plus mute mode, just take the temperature without wake your baby up. You can read it clearly even in the dark with a large backlit LCD screen.
- 【Intelligent Light Indicator】Equipped with fever warning system, the thermometer for fever will indicate temperature status with corresponding lights and beeps.
- 【35 Sets of Memory】 35 sets of readings are recorded for better tracking the changes of body temperature.
The Vigorun forehead and ear thermometer can be used to get the temperature of a baby in a second. Not only can it take a baby’s temperature, but you can also use it to measure the thermometer of an adult or a person of any age. It has a high-accuracy probe together with a built-in smart chip. These two features collaborate to make the thermometer work faster and safer.
The thermometer is also highly reliable, it can give you a reading in an instant. It also has a mute mode function that turns off an alarm after getting a reading. You can use it without waking anyone up. You can use the thermometer in both forehead and ear mode and can also take the room or object temperature. You can also use either the Celsius or Fahrenheit mode.
It has an LCD backlit screen that allows you to read it even in the darkness. The thermometer has lights and beeps that indicate the temperature status. Add to that a fever warning system that shows green for normal temperatures, orange for a low-grade fever, and red for a high-grade fever and you will get one of the best infrared thermometers available. One other thing that stands out about this thermometer is that it has 35 reading sets and makes the tracking of body temperatures easier.
- Fast and accurate readings; can be done in one second
- Has a light indicator that indicates the temperature status
- 35 reading sets for recording memory
- Has a mute mode that turns off an alarm once it gets a reading
- Displays reading on a backlit LCD screen
- Can use both Fahrenheit and Celsius mode
- Has a fever warning system
8. Etekcity Lasergrip 630 Infrared Thermometer
- Better accuracy + adjustable emissivity: the distance to spot ratio is 16: 1, meaning the laser grip 630 can assure greater accuracy compared with other Thermometers with DSR 12: 1 or 8: 1; adjustable emissivity improves Measurement accuracy across...
- Dual laser + target quicker: dual laser pointers ensure high precision and indicate ideal measuring distance; measure surface temperature ranging from -58°f 1076°f/ -50°c 580°c, you can choose the unit from °F/ °C; response time: ≤500Ms
- Multifunction: thermometer with max/min/avg temperatures function; The LCD screen is backlit, it also has an auto-off function and a low battery indicator to extend the battery life so you never accidentally run out of juice (battery included)
- Versatile design: infrared technology makes this thermometer handy to measure the surface temperature of various objects especially temperatures above boiling points and below freezing points; use it for cooking, car maintenance, real estate, Electrical...
- NOTE: For best accuracy, the distance between the thermometer and object of Measurement should approximately be 14.17 inches (36cm); Temperature readings from this devices are inanimate objects, the measured temperature for humans or animals will not be...
Great accuracy and adjustable emissivity are two of the best features to look for in a digital thermometer and this thermometer has them both. It also has a distance to spot ratio of 16:1. This thermometer can give you better accuracy than most of the other thermometers. It also has adjustable emissivity that can improve the measurement accuracy on different surfaces. The thermometer is also versatile; you can use it both at home and in the field. It can measure temperatures of different surfaces, over boiling temperatures, or under freezing points.
It has dual laser guidance that shows you where to point to make sure you point to the right object. With a clear backlit LCD screen, you can easily read your measurements. It also has an automatic data hold function that stores readings, making them easy to read. Pressing the mode button gives you a record of the maximum and minimum temperatures that you got from your last scan.
The thermometer lets you record temperatures as low as 58° F and as high as 1472° F. It also has alerts that let you know if the object’s temperature is higher or lower than the required temperature range. There is also a low battery indicator that alerts you when the battery is low and an auto-low function that extends the battery’s life.
- Multifunction thermometer with a minimum, maximum and average functions
- A versatile thermometer; with an infrared technology that read both high and low temperatures
- Has a low battery indicator and an auto-off function to preserve the battery’s life
- Has adjustable emissivity for reading temperatures on different surfaces
- Has an alert that lets you know if the temperature is higher or lower than required
- Automatic data hold that stores the temperature readings
9. Perfect Prime IR001 Infrared (IR) Thermal Imager
- Infrared Image Resolution: 32 x 32, 1024 pixels, Display Screen: 2. 4" Full angle HD, visible image resolution: 0.3 mega pixels
- Very Large Memory: Store hundreds of thermal images onto the 8GB micro SD card
- Operating Specifications: Temperature range: -4°f to 572°f (-20-300°C), Thermal sensitivity: 0. 15°C, Temperature accuracy: ± 2 % or ± 2 °C
- Home Inspection: Ideally used to check for hot or cold leaks, roof inspection, missing insulation, underfloor heating, cracks and electrical units.
- Note: for applications requiring greater detailed images please consider using the higher resolution cameras; best viewing distance: 1. 6 ft. to 16 ft.
Another one to make our best infrared thermometer rank is the Perfect Prime IR001 infrared thermometer. You can use it easily at home to check for insulation, HVAC maintenance, or any other kind of home inspection. It is also good for basic professional applications. It has a temperature range that is wide enough to cover most home applications and some commercial ones.
The thermometer has two cameras; an infrared camera and a dual camera. These two cameras work together to get you image overlay features that show more detail than regular thermal images. You might want to get a thermometer with a higher resolution camera if you want to get more detailed images. The IR image resolution on this thermometer is 32×32 1024 pixels.
The IR thermometer camera has a wide temperature range, reading temperatures from -4° F to 572° F. These features, and even more, are all packed into a compact, handheld thermometer. You can use it easily in tight spaces, you can even pack it into a travel case. It also has an SD card that you can use to store your readings and images; up to 25000 images. There are also adjustable configurations and emissivity that work together to improve the thermometer’s accuracy.
- Emissivity settings that allow you to read different surfaces
- Wide temperature range from -4° F to 572° F
- Has a compact and lightweight design
- Dual cameras; a visual camera and an IR camera
- A 4GB microSD camera for storing images
- Has a powerful thermal sensor for making close-up inspections
10. FLIR ONE Gen 3 -iOS Thermal Imager
- Lightweight accessory that transforms your Android device into a powerful thermal infrared camera
- Free FLIR ONE mobile app (recently updated) with exclusive content, real time professional tips and tricks, multiple spot meters, and easy automated reporting to document your findings user registration not required
- FLIR ONE allows you to measure temperature variances
- Capture and share thermal images and videos. Exclusive MSX Technology blends thermal and visible spectrum for more detail and enhanced resolution
- Spot Meter: Off / °C / °F. Resolution 0.1°C / 0.1°F
Finishing us off on the best infrared thermometer list is the FLIR ONE GEN 3- IOS device. It is lightweight and can transform your iOS into a thermal infrared camera. It can read temperatures ranging from 4° F to 248° F which is 20° C to 120° C and a battery charge time of 40 minutes, which can give you a long time of usage. You can also use this device to visualize different temperatures using the FLIR ONE lens.
The iOS device has a built-in laser pointer. The pointer helps to target the area you want to measure to make sure you get the correct measurements. It also has a programmable high and low alarm that will alert you, both audibly and visually when the surface’s temperature exceeds its set limits. You can mute the audio alarm when needed. It also has a OneFit adjustable-height connector that you can attach to different phones to take cameras in any direction.
The FLIR One enables you to capture thermal images and videos, and you can also share them. It also has an exclusive MSX technology that lets you blend the thermal and visible images to give you more details and an enhanced resolution to get the clearer readings. You can use it to measure the variances in temperatures.
- An adjustable height connector that you can use on different phone cases for pictures
- Has a temperature range of 4° F to 248° F
- There is FLIR One app to get it to work faster and better
- Allows you see in the dark to get the heat images
- Has an inbuilt laser pointer for targeting the area you want to measure
- Audio and visual alarms that alert you when the temperatures are higher than they should be
- Can blend visible and thermal spectrum for an enhanced and detailed resolution
Buying Guide: What to Consider When Select Infrared Thermometer
This is the most important aspect because the whole point of a thermometer is to get accurate readings. Infrared thermometers are used to measure temperature for professional uses e.g. in medicine, and therefore accuracy for these types of thermometers matters. When you want to purchase an infrared thermometer, look for +-1% accuracy. Some have a +-2% accuracy, and this is also an acceptable range. Many of the thermometers recommended on our list have a +-1% accuracy, so you can definitely trust their readings.
You might use an infrared thermometer to measure the temperature of rooms in your house during construction, the temperature of your pets, kids, or even the stove when cooking. For this reason, your infrared thermometer should have rugged construction. It must be able to withstand to any kind of use without breaking. Polymer material is rugged and durable. It reinforces any kind of lens and protects it from breaking easily even if the thermometer falls.
Emissivity refers to the amount of infrared energy the thermometer will release in a period of time. Since emissivity affects the accuracy of your readings, this is an important factor to consider. Emissivity ranges from 0 to 1. An infrared thermometer with the emissivity locked at around 0.95 to 0.98 is good for general purpose use. It is more likely than not that you will use your infrared thermometer to measure the temperature of different surfaces. You should therefore get a thermometer with adjustable emissivity so you can adjust the scale depending on what surface or object you want to measure.
The temperature range will determine the range of objects whose temperatures you can measure. For example, some infrared thermometers have a temperature range suitable for general use like measuring body temperature and the temperature of water, but will not go high enough to measure the temperature generated by a furnace.
Infrared thermometers have the temperature range written on the body of the thermometer. The type of lens is a good indicator of the temperature range of the thermometer. If you are likely to spend time measuring the temperature of cold objects, then a no-lens infrared thermometer will do the job. Thermometers with Fresnel lenses will do a good job measuring medium-heat objects, while Mica lens thermometers will read very high temperatures.
This aspect ties in with the factor of accuracy. A reliable thermometer will give you accurate readings for a long period of time. You can gauge this based on the company making the thermometer. Local companies are likely to make reliable infrared thermometers. You should make sure to check the user reviews to properly gauge the reliability of the thermometer you are interested in. Another factor that you can use to gauge the reliability is the warranty offered. A couple years of warranty shows that the company trusts and stands behind their product, and so you can trust this type of thermometer.
The read speed refers to the time a thermometer takes to process and display the reading. A few seconds read speed is desirable and a good indicator of accuracy and reliability. It means you can continue with your work more efficiently, or in the case of measuring body temperature, it means you can get the help needed quicker.
If you are likely to be comparing the temperatures of different objects, then recording capabilities are an important factor to consider in your infrared thermometer. A thermometer that can record is able to calculate the average range of temperature for a particular object and notify you of any changes in temperature over time. A thermometer that can record the temperature will come equipped with a microSD card. The larger the capacity of the memory card, the more information it can store.
How to Use Infrared Thermometer
Infrared thermometers are versatile and can be used to take the temperature of anything, from your body to things that are too hot to be touched. To get the most out of an infrared thermometer, you need to know how to properly use it. Before taking the temperature, make sure the thermometer is properly calibrated.
You can do this by taking the temperature of ice that has sat in a water glass for around two minutes. While the result might not be 100% accurate due to air pressure, if you are using an infrared thermometer at home this is the easiest way to calibrate your infrared thermometer. After calibrating, you are assured of getting more accurate readings.
Here is how to take the temperature of any object using your infrared thermometer:
- Toggle between the Fahrenheit and Celsius settings to become familiar with how the thermometer works.
- Decide which temperature unit is most comfortable for you to use.
- Turn on the thermometer.
- Aim the thermometer towards the object whose temperature you want to take. Get as close as possible to the object for more accurate readings.
- Pull the trigger and read the temperature from the thermometer’s display.
An infrared thermometer is a must-have for any house. It is a versatile equipment that will serve you whether you are cooking or renovating your house, or whether you want to measure the temperature of water or body temperature. We have reviewed 10 of the best-infrared thermometers available in the market. These thermometers are high-quality and offer highly accurate and reliable readings.
Whichever thermometer you pick guarantees you a good display, a big temperature range, and even recording capabilities. Some have phone apps that enhance the read speed and recording capabilities. You will not go wrong with the listed thermometers. So go ahead: pick one and get to measuring!