Panini is an Italian word for small bread rolls made into sandwiches and is usually made warm by grilling or toasting. They are crispy and delicious. Panini has gone beyond Italy and can be found across Europe and the United States. Outside of Italy, a Panini is a grilled sandwich made from different and many types of bread. If you love eating Panini, then you need to get the best panini maker.
10 Best Panini Maker Consumer Reports: Editor’s Recommended
A Panini maker is a contact grill that is used for turning bread into Panini. The function of a Panini maker is to heat your bread to the desired temperature until you get a tasty Panini, a well prepared Panini is soft on the inside but crisp outside and only a good Panini maker can help you achieve this. There are numerous Panini makers in the market, so the big question is, how do you identify the perfect Panini maker? This panini maker review contains a list that might help;[toc]
Best Panini Maker Consumer Reports Reviews:
1. CUISINART 5-IN-1 GRIDDLER
- 5-in-1 countertop unit works as a contact grill, panini press, full grill, full griddle and half grill/half griddle. Dimensions: 13.50 L x 11.50 W x 7.12 H inches
- Brushed stainless-steel housing; sturdy panini-style handle; floating cover to adjust to thickness of food. BPA Free
- Removable and reversible 11" x 9" dishwasher-safe nonstick cooking plates drain grease for healthy cooking into the integrated drip tray.
- Adjustable temperature controls with indicator lights; gourmet recipes and scraping tool included
- Please refer to the Product Video and the User Manual before use.
Cuisinart 5-in1 Griddler is an excellent Panini maker; it comes with a lot of amazing features and will help you grill your bread with ease. Some of its amazing features include:
What makes the Cuisinart Griddler one of the best Panini makers is its usability. The Cuisinart Griddler is easy to use and even easier to clean. It has a non-stick design and removable plates that can easily be washed with a dishwasher.
The Cuisinart Griddler has red and green indicator lights that signal when the griller has reached its appropriate temperature. Thanks to its amazingly easy control, adjustments can be made seamlessly.
The Cuisinart Griddler offers various usages, it serves as Panini grills and a Panini press. For both usage, it still qualifies as one of the best panini makers. The 5-in-1 Griddler can also cook delicacies like grill cheese, steaks, hamburgers, paninis, and pancakes.
The Cuisinart Griddler comes with a floating cover that helps adjust the thickness of the food in it, and a set of plates that can be reversed and turned to a contact grill, a panini press, a full grill or a full griddle. All its parts are non-stick for easy washing.
The Cuisinart 5-in-1 Griddler comes in the 13.50L x 11.50W x 7.12H inches; this makes it suitable for cooking and grilling entire meals. It also weighs 8 pounds making it portable enough to be packed on a camping trip.
The Cuisinart 5-in-1 Griddler has five different cooking options with reversible grills and griddle plates that allow you to cook an entire meal. For the first option, you can use the grill in a closed position to cook different meals from chickens to waffles. The second option lets you use it as a full grill for steaks and chickens while the third option is the full griddle which is perfect for cooking eggs, pancakes and any more. The fourth option uses one grill plate and one griddle plate to grill and griddle at the same time. Pretty exciting! The fifth and last option is the Panini press which utilizes the hinged floating cover and helps you make the perfect Panini.
Without doubt Cuisinart 5-IN-1 Griddler, GR-4N has proven to be an excellent choice for Panini lovers.
2. GEORGE FOREMAN 4-SERVING REMOVABLE PLATE GRILL AND PANINI PRESS
- Removable Plates - Easy cleanup is essential, and that’s what the removable grill plates are all about. Pop them in the dishwasher after grilling and they’ll be ready to go for your next meal.
- 35% Faster Heatup - Less time heating, more time eating! The improved heating elements preheat 35% faster to get you from plug-in to plate in record time.
The George Foreman 4-serving grill offers a fast and easy way to cook delicious meals thanks to its amazing features it is also easy to use and this. Here are some of its functions;
The George Foreman 4-serving grill has removable plates that make it easy to clean. It has advanced tough nonstick coating that makes it easy to use, the nonstick coating is also put in place to serve two other purposes first, so that food doesn’t stain or stick to it permanently and second to make it 3x more durable.
With the nonstick coating, there is no need for butter and oil; this will make the meals cooked with The George Foreman 4-serving healthier.
The George Foreman 4-serving grill’s dimensions are 12 X 6.5 X 12; this gives it the compact and perfect size. It can fit everywhere even in a tight kitchen space.
It is large enough for four servings on its 60-square inch. If you are preparing a Panini meal for your entire family, George Forman 4 serving removable will help make your job easier.
The George Foreman 4-serving grill comes with improved heating elements that preheat 35% faster. This means your Panini will be made more quickly.. With a George Forman Panini maker, it takes only 10 minutes for your food to be made.
It also has a fat removing slope on its grilling surface; this helps remove up to 42% of fat from whatever it’s cooking. With this Panini maker, you will be eating a healthier meal.
The George Foreman 4-serving grill has indicator lights that show when the grill is hot enough for use and when it is not hot enough to cook meals.
It comes with a 1-inch adjustable hinge, and this allows you to cut different types of meats and vegetables.
3. HAMILTON BEACH ELECTRIC PANINI PRESS GRILL WITH LOCKING
- GREAT FOR PANINIS AND MORE: Use this panini press to try savory sandwiches, quesadillas, and sweet fruit turnovers. Use the lock top lid to warm personal pizzas or open-face sandwiches.
- FLOATING LID: This hot sandwich maker features a café-style floating lid that evenly presses any size sandwich.
- NO NEED TO FLIP: Nonstick top and bottom panini press grids heat and brown the sandwich, giving you warm, crisp results.
- GREEN MEANS GO: For best results, preheat sandwich maker 6 minutes before use. Built-in ready light will turn green when the press is ready to cook your sandwich.
- TOP LID LOCK: Lock panini press lid to create an easy bruschetta or open-face sandwiches.
The Hamilton Beach Electric Panini Grill is a fantastic griller that makes use of electricity to make tasty Panini and other snacks. Hamilton Beach comes with a lot of amazing features that make it one of the best panini grill in the market; it features they include:
This sandwich maker has a café style floating lid that can press on sandwiches of any size and any thickness, depending on how thick or thin you’d like your sandwich to be.
This Panini maker is designed with a unique top lid lock; this top lock design makes the cooking of bruschetta and sandwiches easy.
This Panini press is nonstick on both its top and bottom; this means that you do not have to flip your sandwich over before you get the warm and crisp satisfactory sandwich.
This Panini press is fantastic for making Panini and different other snacks. With this Panini maker, cooking different types of sandwiches, and quesadillas, won’t be a problem. You can even use the top lock lid to warm small pizzas or open-face sandwiches.
The Hamilton Beach Panini press gourmet sandwich maker is 11.6 inches L x 12.6 inches W x 4.5 inches H, which makes it compact enough not to take up space in your kitchen and it doesn’t consume much electricity; uses just 1400 Watts so you can even take it camping. It also has a stylish chrome finish which makes the Panini maker look great on any counter. It has upright storage which means it is easy to store.
To get a perfect sandwich, you have to preheat the Panini maker 6 minutes before use, and the light will turn green to indicate when it’s ready.
What makes this Panini maker a great choice is that it is relatively easy to use; its preheating lights indicate when it’s ready to cook, it also has a 10×8 inch cooking surface that is big enough to cook between two to three sandwiches at the same time.
4. HAMILTON BEACH ELECTRIC PANINI PRESS GRILL WITH LOCKING
- GREAT FOR PANINIS AND MORE: Use this Panini press to try savory sandwiches, quesadillas, and sweet fruit turnovers Use the lock top lid to warm personal pizzas or open-face sandwiches
- FLOATING LID: This hot sandwich maker features a cafe-style floating lid that evenly presses any size sandwich
- NO NEED TO FLIP: Nonstick top and bottom Panini press grids heat and brown the sandwich, giving you warm, crisp results
- GREEN MEANS GO: For best results, preheat sandwich maker 6 minutes before use Built-in ready light will turn green when the press is ready to cook your sandwich
- TOP LID LOCK: Lock Panini press lid to create an easy bruschetta or open-face sandwiches
All Hamilton Beach products are well designed to make everything easier for you. The producers use consumer insights and in-depth research and tests to determine which products will serve everyday needs. Some of the amazing features you will enjoy using this Hamilton Beach Product are; Its features include;
The Hamilton Beach, electric panini grill features a café style floating lid that evenly presses any size and thickness of the sandwich. It can also be opened 180 degrees to make it easy to make opened face sandwiches.
The Hamilton Beach electronic Panini press is well gridded and nonstick on both sides so that whatever food is cooking in; it does not need to be flipped till it is cooked right and crisp.
The Hamilton Beach electronic Panini press comes with a green light indicator that lets you know when the Panini maker is ready to be used.
The Hamilton Beach electronic Panini press has a top lid lock that lets it create an easy bruschetta or open-face sandwiches. It also has a cool-touch handle that protects your hands against the heat that emits from the press.
This panini maker is 4.5 x 12.3 x 12.6 inches H which makes it compact enough not to take up space in your kitchen and it uses just 1400 Watts so you can even take it camping. It weighs only 5.82 lbs so it is light. It also has a stylish chrome finish which makes the Panini maker look great on any counter. It also has upright storage which means it is easy to store. This Panini press is made of plastic and it is a shiny color red.
5. GEORGE FOREMAN GRP4842P MULTI-PLATES EVOLVE GRILL WITH CERAMIC GRILLING
- 500 Searing Burst- A high-heat searing burst raises the temperature of the grill to 500 for 90 seconds to give you restaurant-quality results at home
- Digital Control Panel- The digital control panel clearly displays the cooking time and grill temperature, which ranges from 325-450, plus the 500 searing burst. The buttons are level with the grill exterior, making the surface easy to wipe clean
- Advanced Ceramic Coating- The premium grill plates are covered with a multi-layer, nonstick ceramic coating that simplifies cleanup and reduces the need for excess oil and butter. The plates are PTFE- and PFOA-free
- Removable Plates- The grill plates are completely removable and dishwasher-safe. Cool-touch release features make it easy to handle the plates even if they're still warm
The George Foreman multi plates evolve press is both a Panini maker and a waffle maker all wrapped up in one. When you put in the ceramic grill plates, the Panini maker will help you cook different amazing meals, including steak, chicken, veggies or burgers. It can also put crisp grill lines on a Panini or a grilled sandwich. Here are some of Its fantastic features include;
This Foreman Grill has a digital control panel that controls and displays the cooking time and grill temperature, which ranges from 325-450, plus the 500 searing burst that raises the temperature of the grill to 500 for 90 seconds. The buttons on it are leveled with the exterior of the grill which makes it easy to clean the surface.
This Panini maker has a multi-layered nonstick ceramic coating; these features are put in place to makes cleanup easier. They also eliminate the essence of cooking with excess oil and butter. The plates are also PTFE- and PFOA-free which makes them safe.
This grill’s plates are removable and dishwasher safe. That’s not all; this Panini maker has a fantastic touch release feature; this feature makes it easy to handle the plates even when they are still hot.
The George Foreman multi plates evolve press has an adjustable angle, it is colored platinum, and it is fully digital to operate. It also has a drip tray that traps the excess fat and embedded heating elements that make it go from cold to searing hot in 90 seconds. It possesses a floating hinge, nonstick surface, and a 3-year warranty. Its dimensions are 9 x 15.5 x 13.5 inches and weigh exactly 15.5lbs.
6. GEORGE FOREMAN 2-SERVING CLASSIC PLATE ELECTRIC INDOOR GRILL AND PANINI PRESS
- 2 Servings: Tight on countertop space? This grill is your answer. It fits two servings of your grilled favorites, and it’s perfect for small apartments and couples.
- Classic Plate Grill: This is the original George Foreman Grill. The durable grill plates give you lean, mean grilling power for all your favorite foods.
- George Tough Nonstick Coating: There’s a lot to love about this nonstick coating. It’s durable, easy to clean, and reduces the need for butter and oil.
- Fat-Removing Slope: It’s the sure sign of a George Foreman Grill. The sloped grilling surface helps remove up to 42% of fat* for leaner, tasty meals.
- Drip Tray: The dishwasher-safe drip tray collects excess fat and grease so you don’t have to. How nice is that?
This panini presses reviews for George Foreman explains everything you need to know about this panini maker.
it has a 2-serving grill with a classic plate and an indoor electric grill and a Panini press and it comes in color black. Here are some of George Foreman GR10B features
It has a tough nonstick coating that makes it easy to wash, and it is dishwasher safe. Also, being nonstick makes it more durable. Nonstick coating also reduces the need for oil and butter which in turn makes your meals healthier and better or you.
This George Foreman grill has a sloped grilling surface that helps to remove up to 42% of excess fat from meals, thereby making meals leaner, healthier and tastier.
This grill can fit two servings of your grilled favorites, and it is just the perfect thing for small apartments and couples.
This Panini maker comes with an original George Foreman Grill plate that’s stronger than the regular plate; this mean grilling power for all your favorite foods
7. BREVILLE DUO 1500-WATT NONSTICK PANINI PRESS
- 1500 watt panini press with nonstick, scratch resistant Quantanium cooking surface
- Flat bottom plate for fast, thorough cooking; ribbed top plate creates grill marks
- Floating hinge; 4 height settings; on/ready lights; nonslip feet; locking storage clip
- Cord wrap; brushed stainless steel housing; user manual with recipes included
- Measures 13 by 11 3/4 by 5 1/4 inches; 1 year limited warranty
Breville introduced the Panini Duo intending to create the world’s first domestic version of a professional sandwich press. Its features include;
The Breville Duos grill surface has a non-stick surface that makes cleaning very easy; its surface is also scratch-proof. It has a fantastic sturdy and stainless steel construction; this Panini maker is both efficient and beautiful.
It has a floating lid design that helps press any size and thickness of the sandwich. It has a four height setting, on/ready lights and a locking storage clip. It can also be opened 180 degrees to make it easy to make opened face sandwiches.
This Panini maker comes with 1500 watt heating elements; the heating element makes it ready to cook in within fewer minutes. Its bottom plate is even better; it generates more heat than the to.
The Breville Duo’s measures 13 by 11 3/4 by 5 1/4 inches. It weighs 8.38 lbs and it comes with a one-year limited warranty. The Panini Duo’s top plate design leaves beautiful grill marks pattern on any bread.
The Breville Duos grill is well gridded and nonstick on both sides so that whatever food is cooking in; it does not need to be flipped till it is cooked right and crisp.
One of the things that make the Breville Duo one of the best Panini makers is that it is easy to use and even more comfortable to clean because it has non-stick and removable plates that are dishwasher safe.
8. IMUSA USA GAU-80102 LARGE ELECTRIC PANINI PRESS 1400-WATTS
- Non-Stick Surface for Easy Cleaning
- Floating hinge for Adjustable Cooking Heights
- Power & Heat Indicator Lights
- Polished Stainless Steel Exterior with Cool Touch Handles
- Great for Sandwiches, Meats, Vegetables, & More!
The IMUSA large electronic Panini press will make delicious Paninis sandwiches in only one minute. It defines the word multifunctional and can make anything from pancakes to grilled chess sandwiches to veggies, pork chops, meats to whatever bistro sandwich you desire. Its significant nonstick function presses your sandwich to perfection. Here are some of its most highlighted qualities.
The IMUSA large electronic Panini press has a nonstick surface that makes it easy to clean the grill. Also, being nonstick makes it more durable. Nonstick coating also reduces the need for oil and butter, which in turn makes your meals healthier and better or you.
This large electronic Panini press features a floating hinge that evenly presses any size and thickness of the sandwich. It has an adjustable cooking height that makes it easy to cook any food no matter the height. It can also be opened 180 degrees to make it easy to make opened face sandwiches.
The IMUSA large electronic Panini press has indicator lights that show when the grill is hot enough for use and when it is not hot enough to cook meals. You will be able to set your desired temperature to ensures every sandwich you grill will be toasted gets cooked to your satisfaction.
This grill maker has a stylishly, stainless steel exterior; its handles have the cool touch feature. The IMUSA large electronic Panini press has a polished silver color and it is fully digital to operate. Its dimensions are 4.9 x 16.6 x 14.8 inches and it weighs precisely 9.7lbs.
9. CUISINART GR-5B ELECTRIC GRIDDLER
- LCD display- displays function, temperature and timer. NOTE : Model Number GR-5BP1 and GR-5B same product
- User-friendly digital controls
- Adjustable temperatures from 175-450 degrees
- Contact grill, panini press, full grill, full griddle and half grill/half griddle
- Removable and reversible dishwasher-safe nonstick cooking plates for easy storage
This stainless steel Panini maker has an outstanding styling, modern design, it is not just about its look, it also functions efficiently. It offers numerous functions and features, including its 5-in-1 cooking options, an LCD display, smear function and comprehensive digital controls, and may more. Some of its features include:
The Cuisinart GR-5B has an LCD display that displays function, the temperature of the press and the timer.
The Cuisinart GR-5B has user-friendly digital controls and that makes it easy to use. It also has adjustable temperatures from 175-450 degrees which means that you can decide the level of heat your food gets.
The Cuisinart GR-5B has five different cooking options with reversible grills and griddle plates that aid you in cooking an entire meal. The 1st option lets you use it as a full grill for steaks and chickens while the 2nd option allows you to use the grill in a closed position to cook meals from chickens to waffles. The 3rd option uses one grill plate and one griddle plate to grill and griddle at the same time is the full griddle which is perfect for cooking eggs, pancakes and any more. The fifth and last option is the Panini press which utilizes the hinged floating cover and helps you make the perfect Panini.
The GR-5 comes with a floating cover and a reversible plates, these plates are easy to remove and clean after use. It is also dishwasher safe thanks to the nonstick parts that it has.
10. BREVILLE BGR820XL SMART GRILL
- Removable, dishwasher safe plates with Element IQ
- Opens flat to 'BBQ Mode'
- Voltage- 110-120Volts,1800 watt embedded heating design. 310- 450F variable temperature control with Low, Panini, and Sear Modes
- 6 adjustable height settings
- Integrated, removable drip tray. Removable, dishwasher-safe plates.
Breville is a new grilling maker, they offer newer innovations to the market. They offer better heat control and washing is easy with its embedded elements, and removable plate. The art of indoor grilling re-envisioned with intelligence, fast response, and easy cleaning and that is exactly what Breville is.
The Breville BGR820XL has removable plates that are safe for dishwashers and these plates are plated with Element IQ. The embedded elements in its grill plates help the grill maintain intense heat and recover from heat loss. The elements are cast into the plates themselves, which means that most of the heat generated by the elements is transferred to the plates instead of being lost
The Breville BGR820XL can open out flat to form a barbeque grill. The base can be tilted at an angle to drain or lay perfectly flat for eggs, pancakes, and paninis. You can use it closed and use it to grill like a Panini press, or open it 180 degrees into barbecue mode, in which fat is drained from both plates into the drip tray. There are three different temperature settings (low, Panini, and sear, ranging from 320F to 450F), temperature and time control dials, and a countdown timer and sound alert.
The Breville BGR820XL measures 16 x 14 x 5 inches and it weighs 18.96lbs and it comes with 6 adjustable height settings the lower settings reduce the weight on more delicate foods and also prevent toppings from being pressed out of sandwiches
11. LODGE LPP3 CAST IRON SQUARE RIBBED PANINI PRESS
- Handle and press are cast as one piece for decades of cooking
- Unparalleled in heat retention and even heating
- Seasoned with oil for a natural, easy-release finish that improves with use
- Easy care: hand wash, dry, rub with cooking oil
- Fits the Lodge 10.5 inch square skillet and grill pan and round skillets 12 inches or larger
The Lodge Cast Iron Square Ribbed Panini Press is seasoned with soy oil for a natural finish that improves with its use. press is designed as one, it’s also durable and can last for years some of its features include;
The handle and the press of the Lodge Cast Iron Square Ribbed Panini Press are cast as one piece to make it more durable.
The Lodge Cast Iron Square Ribbed Panini Press has great heat retention and the heat is spread evenly to create the perfect paninis.
The Lodge Cast Iron Square Ribbed Panini Press is very easy to maintain, handwash, dry and rub with cooking oil.
The Lodge Cast Iron Square Ribbed Panini Press’ dimension is 8.3 x 8.3 x 1.5 inches and it weighs 3.95 pounds which makes it compact and perfect for trips or small spaces in your kitchen.
12. CHEF MAN ELECTRIC PANINI PRESS GRILL AND GOURMET SANDWICH MAKER W/NON-STICK COATED PLATES
- HUNGRY FOR A SANDWICH? With just the push of a button, this Grill-Panini Press Combo can be used to press your custom sandwich or open at 180 degrees for grilling burgers, steaks, veggies and anything else you’re craving quickly and easily! Use it as a...
- ADJUSTABLE FOR ANY OCCASION: Floating hinge adjusts to accommodate any size sandwich – thick or thin. Closed cooking surface of 5.5'' x 8.75'' is ideal for two sandwiches, while lay-flat surface of 10'' x 8.75'' can accommodate a variety of food. Great...
- COMPACT SIZE: Ideal for small kitchen spaces, dorm rooms, offices, and even bringing on road trips! The compact size takes up little counter or shelf space making storing your contact grill easy
- EASY CLEANING: The tilt-up, skid resistant feet allows the grease to run to the drain at the back of the closed panini maker. The non-stick coated grill plates and removable drip tray makes for effortless cleaning
- RESOURCES: UL approved with advanced safety technology for long lasting durability, & 1-year assurance provided by Chefman, so you can purchase worry-free - we've got your back! For information on how to use your product, scroll down for a PDF User Guide....
The Chef Man Electric Panini maker is very easy to use and can make variety of meals within just a few minutes, this means you can satisfy your cravings within 5 minutes. You can also use it to make your sumptuous crisped bread. The benefit of using Chef Man Electric Panini Press Grill and Gourmet maker is endless however, here are some of its features
The Chef man electric Panini press has a floating hinge that allows it to accommodate any size of a sandwich. It surface measures at 5.5” x 8.75” this pretty large surface this is ideal for cooking two or three sandwiches, depending on the size. The grill can also open completely flat thus making it perfect for a barbeque party.
The Chef man electric Panini maker is designed with a tilted up skid resistance that prevents grease from sticking permanently to your Panini maker, the grease will flow freely. This feature makes cleaning an easy task.
The nonstick coat makes it easy to cook on the press without worrying about the food sticking on the press and the grill is equipped with a dishwasher-safe drip tray.
The Chef man electric Panini press is very portable so it is perfect for small spaces like dorm rooms, offices and many more. The size of the Chef Man Electric Panni Press Grill is portable, this makes it able to fit anywhere in the kitchen.
Buying Guide: What to Look When Select Panini Maker
There are many models and brands of Panini makers and they all have different features and different price ranges. You can get some Panini presses for as low as $20 and as high as $200, the quality and features of the Panini maker will determine its price. Here are factor to watch out for when you want to buy a Panini maker. If you buy the wrong Panini maker, it will end up frustrating you. So the main question is how do you know you are getting a good Panini press? here are some features to look out for;
An adjustable thermostat should be taken into consideration especially if you plan to do a wide range of things with your Panini maker. Some people use their Panini press to make just paninis but others might use it to cook a wider variety of foods and some foods need extremely hot grills while some need it a bit cooler so, with the adjustable thermostat, it makes for easy use. You should always read the Panini press’s reviews before you buy it to learn the opinion of people that have already used it before. Also, if you are looking to buy a press for the sole purpose of making a panini, you can save some money by just going for a regular press.
A floating hinge on a Panini press helps you control the height of your grill. So, therefore, you can choose to accommodate just a slice of bread or a triple-decker sandwich with ham, cheese, and many other fillings. The case I point; when grilling an open-faced Panini, some people like to set the upper plate to hover above so as not to come in direct contact with it and to also allow for ease of movement.
Non-stick plates make cooking easier as it prevents food from getting stuck on the press. Also, it makes for easy flipping of whatever is being cooked. Non-stick grill plates also help reduce the use of oil and butter on grilled food which makes for a leaner and healthier meal. Non-stick plates are also easy to use, wash and they are much more durable so they last longer. Always ensure that the Panini maker you are buying has non stick plate.
Grill Surface Area
Although some people prefer a much smaller grill due to the space constraints that they have in their kitchens, a large grill surface is ideal for anyone that likes to grill a lot at once. One of the easy tell signs of the price range of a grill is its grill size. So its always best to get a press with an adequate grill size for you. The Grill surface should be small if you are cooking for private consumption, but if you are hosting a party or you have a very large family, larger grill surface is recommended.
It best when the plates of a Panini press are easily removable because then clean-up is easier and also the press can double as more than just a Panini press so while this is not a must-have feature, it is nice to have feature. Cleaning up after the spilt fillings of a Panini is a real chore but that chore is made easier when the plates are removable. George Foreman grills are best known for their non-stick removable plates. Panini makers with removable plates makes grilling easy, you will not have to worry about washing.
Panini presses need strong handles that are cool to touch no matter what temperature its elements are. Also, cheaper appliances lose their handles because they are made with plastic and plastic could break because after heating and reheating and reusing the Panini maker for a while, the handle becomes brittle and break off. The best handles for Panini makers is steel. The best thing to do is the check Panini maker’s review before purchasing to be sure of the durability of the product. Handles may seem insignificant, but a durable handle says a lot about the quality of the Panini maker.
Another important feature to confirm is the price of the Panini press. You need to set up a spending limit before going on a shopping spree to get yourself a shiny Panini press. Although I would advise splurging a little to get a top-notch press, it best to not go overboard with spending. Of course, everyone’s budget differs, the most important thing is that you get something that is value for your money. Sometimes your budget supersedes your desire, so you have to work within your budget.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions About Panini Makers
Q1.What is the best panini maker to buy?
There is no perfect Panini maker in the market. All products from different manufacturers have their advantages and disadvantages. The best thing to do is to create a list of the things that you want in your Panini maker. There are many factors and features that people prioritize when shopping for their grills and some of them are prices, grill surface area, non-stick plates, removable plates and many more. You just need to pick on that works perfectly for you, serves all your purposes and fit in your budget.
Q2. What is best bread for making Panini?
To pick the right bread for a Panini, you need to decide on what type of sandwich you want to make. You need to consider the ingredient you want to use and how they will affect the bread. You need to decide if you want a dry or wet sandwich. To make a Panini that is filled with meats, you should choose less hearty bread, although if you add wetter ingredients like mayonnaise, it would make the bread a moist mess.
Here are some breeds that are great for a dry Panini which you can pair with lean meats, thicker melting cheeses, and very little wet ingredients
- Thick or thin-cut sourdough
- Brioche (Only with lighter pressures, though)
- Challah (Another light pressure bread, but thicker cuts make it fine for hard presses)
- Thin-sliced flavored artisan bread
For wet paninis that are filled with fat-filled meats, moisture packed meats or other wet ingredients like the tomato, you need bread that is denser so that you do not end up with a Panini that is very wet.
- Ciabatta (The most popular Panini bread option)
- Thick-cut Sourdough
- Thick-cut artisan bread
Q3. How do you make the perfect panini?
First you have to choose the perfect bread, make sure you avoid sogginess, then cut bread with a straight edges knife. You need to add butter to get the crunchiness. Once every thing is set, you can now slow cook it in a Panini maker.
Q4.Can I grill chicken on a panini maker?
Yes, chicken can be grilled on a Panini maker. What you have to do is, grease your sandwich maker lightly, and pre-heat it before you place the meat on. It is recommended to rub some oil on to the meat as well. Once you close the lid, check your meat after about 4 minutes for doneness and then decide if it needs more cooking. Each brand might give different degrees of heat, so keep that in mind. Grilling meals on a Panini maker is perfect for people that need to cook single friendly meals
Q5.Can you make burgers on a panini maker?
Yes, you can cook a burger in a Panini maker. All you have to do is own a press that can act as an outdoor grill and modifying your recipe to the grill.
A Panini maker is a versatile instrument that can be used to cook Panini. and other types of meals. The fact that there are many Panini makers to choose from makes it even all the easier to buy one and use it for all your outdoor and indoor grilling needs. Also, the best Panini presses should be within your budget, have grill surface area, non-stick plates, removable plates and many more to make it serve versatile purposes. Don’t forget that you can get Panini makers that are 3-in-1, 4-in-1 and 5-in-1 and they perform a wide range of functions.