SECURITY SCREENING PROCEDURES – Walkthrough metal detectors (WTMD) serve as the primary method of fan screening.
Fans should keep the following in mind before they arrive at the arena entrance to expedite the process:
- Minimize the number of personal items they bring to the game.
- Remove from their clothing and belongings all items that may trigger a WTMD alarm.
- Place those items in bins on the divesting tables for review by security staff while fans walk thru the WTMD.
- If the WTMD alarm sounds, fans will be subject to a secondary screening which may slow their entry into the arena.
- All permitted bags must be searched thoroughly. Permitted bags should be soft-sided, not larger than 14” x 6” x 14” and able to fit completely beneath an arena seat. Bags that are fully packed take longer to search; clear bags and those packed loosely are more easily examined.
Prohibited Items include but are not limited to:
- Weapons: guns, firearms, ammunition
- Self-defense sprays: mace, pepper spray
- Explosives / fireworks
- Aerosol cans
- Poles, selfie sticks, missile-like objects that can be thrown
- Beach balls
- Illegal substances
- Bats and clubs
- Drones (unmanned aircraft systems) or model aircraft
- Laser-pointing devices
- iPads & Tablets
- Whistles and horns
- Large banners and flags
- Any other items deemed inappropriate or dangerous by team or arena personnel, in their sole discretion