Arena Control Operator (Part-time)Posted: Aug 10, 2017
Bradley Center Sports and Entertainment Corporation
ARENA CONTROL OPERATOR (Part time)
Department: Arena Control
Hours: Must be willing to work a variety of shifts including first, second, or third shift assignments, weekends and some holidays
Under the supervision of the Director of Guest and Security Services, be responsible for the day-to-day physical security and protection of BMO Harris Bradley Center employees, guests, and property. Provide services related to control of access to the building, monitoring and controlling building systems, utilizing building surveillance systems to monitor the building and premises. Complete daily logs and prepare incident reports as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor and control access to facility entrance/exit to maintain building security; greet guests, provide assistance and direction for other arena services, and answer any questions guests or visitors may have; enforce staff credential requirements and issue visitor credentials.
- Monitor security camera network for noteworthy activity and keeps notes in logbook
- Issue keys and radios to facility users as required; charge radios and conduct performance maintenance checks on radios and the security system server
- Monitor and operate the facility using the METASYS Facility Management System and other controls that regulate building systems such lighting, HVAC, security, ventilation, etc.
- Communicate to Plant Operations, the General Manager and the department head all building and building system deficiencies/problems via E-mail, telephone or radio
- Maintain a shift log of activities and events and write reports on incidents occurring at the complex
- Contact police or fire departments in cases of emergency
Requires a clean criminal background check, a high school diploma or GED, and basic computer skills. Preference will be given to candidates with college-level coursework in law enforcement or other relevant fields or prior experience in general security.
- Ability to operate METASYS computer system and use personal computer equipment to access, retrieve or input information using MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong customer service and organizational skills; ability to multi-task
- Must enjoy working with a variety of people and have a service-oriented approach
- Ability to remain calm and focused under pressure
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions, including work-related safety rules, and apply them to work environment
- Enthusiasm for working and participating in an exciting, team-oriented workplace
- Must have excellent observation skills and good deductive reasoning and logic to make decisions in the best interest of the Center.
****Must pass a pre-employment drug screen****