Building Engineer (Part-time)Posted: Aug 10, 2017
Bradley Center Sports and Entertainment Corporation
BUILDING ENGINEER (Part time)
Department: Plant Operations/Event Operations
Hours: Must be able to work flexible hours, primarily evening and weekend shifts including some holidays
Under the general supervision of the Director of Plant Operations and Engineering; be part of a team that is responsible for work involving the operation and repair of building-related systems and other mechanical systems. Perform event-related duties including pre- and post-event set-up/tear-down of scoring and phone systems for Center events; provide support during events to respond to maintenance and technical issues requiring immediate resolution.
- High school diploma or GED and a minimum of three (3) years’ experience at an advanced level in at least three of the following areas: carpentry, plumbing, mechanical, welding or HVAC
- Ability to perform routine maintenance and repair of heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems and basic mechanical and electrical repairs, painting, and general facilities maintenance.
- Ability to understand and work from general instructions and specifications and to follow blueprints, sketches and preventative maintenance schedules
- Ability to operate and maintain a variety of hand and power tools, shop tools and other equipment used in the various crafts and trades; operate auxiliary equipment
- Ability to operate a forklift, manual and electric pallet jack and scissor lift
- Ability to observe safety procedures and safe working practices
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 70 pounds
- Must be able to walk or stand for the duration of the shift, climb steps and perform duties in low-lighting situations
- Enthusiasm for working and participating in an exciting, team oriented workplace
****Must pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen****